Wednesday 29 June 2011

Capirossi to miss Mugello home race

capirossi will not ride at Mugello
Wednesday, 29 June 2011

With the confirmation of two fractured ribs and a severe contusion to his right shoulder, the Italian will not be participating in the TIM Grand Prix of Italy.

Round eight of the 2011 MotoGP World Championship heads to the Mugello circuit for the TIM Grand Prix of Italy, but Loris Capirossi will not be participating due to injuries he sustained at the Assen round last weekend. The news has been a real setback for the Italian, who must miss his biggest race of the season.

“I'm obviously very disappointed and angry. I was hoping I would be on the track for this race, but my injuries from the crash at Assen force me to raise the white flag for the first time in my career for Mugello,” said Capirossi, who has competed at the Mugello Grand Prix for 20 consecutive years thus far. “I'm sorry for the many fans who will attend the race here at Mugello, the track they are emotionally closest to. I have many fond memories of this circuit.”

The 38 year old has had plenty of success at Mugello, including becoming the first Italian rider to win a 500cc Grand Prix at the circuit in 2000. Since then, he has achieved four additional podiums, the last of which was a 2nd place spot in 2006 on the Ducati.

“I wanted to turn my season around at this race. Now I will have to rest, sit still for at least two weeks and try to get back on track as soon as possible."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...